It is HMC’s policy to achieve the highest safety standard. Safety does not occur by chance; it is the result of careful attention to all company operations by everyone directly and indirectly involved. Employees at all levels are expected to work diligently to protect the safety of the general public, employees of the subcontractors, and HMC employees through proper execution of the company’s safety and occupational health policies.
- HMC has a safety program which includes pre-hire MCAA safety training video, new employee safety orientation, OSHA training, daily pre-task safety analysis, weekly safety talks and mandatory drug testing and background checks.
- HMC’s goal in safety is to have “ZERO” accidents or incidents with their employees and subcontractors.
- All foremen are certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Heavy emphasis is placed toward ongoing training to ensure that all job sites are safe and always in compliance with regulations and standards.
- All job sites are constantly and thoroughly inspected at regular intervals and are under strict enforcement of HMC’s 100% Hard Hat and Eye Protection Policy.
- HMC has a safety committee comprised of the safety manager, safety consultant (Safety First Resources), superintendents, plumber foreman, pipefitter foreman, and administrative personnel.